Good food should not only satisfy the stomach, it should nourish the soul. As we thrive on company, what better way is there to spend an evening than enjoying a home-cooked meal with friends? Get out of your food rut with our inspiring dishes, which we think are ideal for a casual dinner party. Fresh, healthy ingredients combined with just the right combination of spices and herbs create a flavoursome Asian seared tuna salad that's a perfect pairing with our crispy lemon chicken. Afterwards, indulge your sweet tooth with a decadent dessert like this molten chocolate cake piled high with delicious strawberries.
Asian Seared Tuna Salad
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 2 minutes
Serving : 4
Course : Starter
600g Sashimi-grade tuna stakes, seared
200g mixed oak salad
6 cherry tomatoes halved
2 green bell peppers
2 tbsp capers
1 cucumber sliced
1 tsp white sesame, toasted
Salt & pepper
6 tbsp Lime juice
2 tsp White sesame, toasted
2 tsp Soja sauce
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp honey
1. Start with the tuna steaks. Season with salt and black pepper from both sides, then gently press them into the toasted white sesame seeds. Coat them well from all sides.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or skillet on medium-high heat.
Add the tuna steaks and sear for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients listed above. Mix well until combined.
In a large bowl, combine all prepared salad ingredients and toss with the dressing.
4. Divide the salad into two plates or bowls.
Slice the seared tuna into thick pieces, then place on top of each salad.
Sprinkle with some toasted white sesame, and serve!
Crispy Lemon Chicken with Barley & Tahini yoghurt
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Course: Main Course
4 Chicken breasts or Thighs
1 Red onion, diced
4 tsp oregano
1 lemon or Lime
2 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
400 gr couscous
1 sprig of parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
300g Greek Yoghurt
2 tbsp Tahini paste
2 limes, juiced
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
Place the chicken breasts or thighs on an oiled baking tray. Set aside.
2. Zest the lemon and slice half of the lemon. Juice half the lemon in a bowl and combine with the oregano and extra virgin olive oil.
Pour the mixture over the chicken and top with the lemon slices.
Roast for 20 minutes in the oven or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. While the chicken is in the oven, prepare the barley.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add a good pinch of salt and cook the barley according to the packet instructions. Remove from the heat and let it sit for 3 minutes.
Now season the barley with salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
4. Serve the chicken with the barley and yoghurt and garnish with some rosemary to serve. Enjoy!
Molten Chocolate Cake with Strawberries
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
200g dark chocolate 70%, melted
120g butter, melted
2 egg yolks
½ tsp coffee powder
1 tbsp rum
35g cake flour
5 pcs fresh strawberries
Icing sugar for dusting
Butter for moulds
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Butter four moulds and dust with some flour. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and the butter together in a microwave or saucepan container over low heat.
Stir constantly until smooth texture.
3. Place the eggs, yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
4. Now stir in the flour, coffee powder and rum and mix until smooth in texture.
Divide the mixture into the moulds.
Place the moulds on a tray and bake for 10 minutes until cooked from the outside.
Do not overbake the cakes to keep the lava effect.
5. Serve warm with ice cream or toppings of your choice!
Prep time: 10 minutes
500 ml pineapple juice
8 limes, juiced
8 tbsp brown sugar
2 stalk mint leaves
200 ml white rum
700 ml club soda
1. Place mint leaves and brown sugar in a cup. Muddle both together.
2. Squeeze the limes in the same cup and muddle again. Fill the cup with ice and add the rum and pineapple juice.
3. Add club soda and stir to combine.
Garnish with extra mint, pineapple wedges and limes. Serve cold!